|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
Summer Term - On Campus
Semester 2 - On Campus
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject provides an overview of the principal compositional styles and techniques found in twentieth-century Western music.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a working knowledge of the principal 20th-century techniques;
- understand and articulate the historical context in which they emerged;
- compose short pieces using these techniques;
- appreciate the skills and challenges of the compositional process.
On completion of this subject, students should have the ability to:
- absorb and analyse models and replicate them;
- connect modes of communication with contexts in which they arise.