About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable (login required)(opens in new window)
Dr Angelina Fong
Dr Melody Chang
Quotas apply to this subject
Dates & times
- Semester 1
Principal coordinator Melody Chang Coordinator Angelina Fong Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours one x 1 hour lecture and one x 3 hour practical per week Total time commitment 170 hours Teaching period 26 February 2024 to 26 May 2024 Last self-enrol date 21 January 2024 Census date 3 April 2024 Last date to withdraw without fail 3 May 2024 Assessment period ends 21 June 2024
Semester 1 contact information
- Semester 2
Principal coordinator Melody Chang Coordinator Angelina Fong Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours one x 1 hour lecture and one x 3 hour practical per week Total time commitment 170 hours Teaching period 22 July 2024 to 20 October 2024 Last self-enrol date 30 June 2024 Census date 2 September 2024 Last date to withdraw without fail 20 September 2024 Assessment period ends 15 November 2024
Semester 2 contact information
Time commitment details
48 contact hours with an estimated total time commitment of 170 hours (including non-contact time)
What do these dates mean
Visit this webpage to find out about these key dates, including how they impact on:
- Your tuition fees, academic transcript and statements.
- And for Commonwealth Supported students, your:
- Student Learning Entitlement. This applies to all students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
- Completion rate. Students who started their course from 2022 and are in a CSP or receiving a HELP Loan (eg FEE-HELP) must meet the completion rate to continue to receive Commonwealth Support for that course.
Subjects withdrawn after the census date (including up to the ‘last day to withdraw without fail’) count toward the Student Learning Entitlement, and as a fail toward the completion rate, unless there are approved ‘special circumstances’.
Additional delivery details
An enrolment quota of 200 students per semester applies to this subject.
For detailed information on the quota subject application process, refer to the Quota Subject link on the School of Biomedical Sciences Current Student Information webpage: http://biomedicalsciences.unimelb.edu.au/study/current-student-information/quota-subjects
Last updated: 1 December 2023