The assessment is undertaken by the Placement Coordinator, in consultation with the supervisor, on the basis of satisfactory attainment of placement goals following APAC accreditation placement standards.Hurdle requirement: Please see below
A hurdle requirement of 50 days of attendance at placement (each day equal to 7.5 hours);
Hurdle requirements include
- placement contract;
- mid and end-of-placement reviews completed by supervisor;
- regular attendance at clinical case conferences;
- three mental state examination (MSE) reports reviewed by supervisor;
- four complete case histories (including MSE, formulation and psychometric assessment where required) to be reviewed by supervisor.
- Students must provide evidence that log books are checked and endorsed by their primary placement supervisor every 30 hours of placement or fortnightly (whichever occurs first).
Completion of placement goals assessed on a pass/fail basis. Generic placement goals include the following: experience in the administration and interpretation of a range of psychological assessment strategies and the writing of psychological reports; understanding of typical courses and prognoses of disorders, and capacity to develop appropriate treatment and management plans; experience with a variety of intervention strategies, which may include case management, individual therapy, family therapy and/or group interventions, and to be capable of evaluating those interventions; experience in functioning as an independent clinical psychologist within the facility, although closely supervised by supervisors
Last updated: 10 November 2023