|Fees||Look up fees|
The student will conduct research under appropriate academic supervision and submit the work in the form of a journal article of at least 6,000 but no more than 10,000 words by 31st October in the final semester of enrolment in the subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Investigate a substantive individual research question relevant to the discipline of psychology
- Prepare a written report on the applied research project they proposed in the first-year Research Proposal subject, in a publishable format
- Employ relevant analytic techniques to their data and illustrate appropriate interpretation of the findings
- Evaluate the quality of research in the research area and the implications of their research findings.
- To develop a sophisticated approach to critically appraising one's own work and that of others.
- To develop a deeper understanding of the processes and outcomes involved in conducting research.
- To develop a refined ability to communicate effectively and concisely with others.
Last updated: 10 November 2023