|Look up fees
Research into Russian language or culture on a selected topic approved by the head of Russian in coordination with the thesis supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- Have understood and applied the relevant research methods in their chosen field of Russian studies
- Have achieved the level of linguistic and methodological competency required for postgraduate studies in Russian
- Have demonstrated their ability to do guided research at Honours level.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- Be able to demonstrate research skills through competent use of the library and other information sources
- Be able to show critical thinking and analysis through recommended reading, essay writing and tutorial discussion, and by determining the strength of an argument
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of social, ethical and cultural context through the contextualisation of judgements, developing a critical self-awareness, being open to new ideas and possibilities and by constructing an argument.
Last updated: 31 January 2024