|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject focuses on a variety of materials ranging from literary, academic and general texts to audio-visual activities as a stimulus for discussion, writing and conversation practice. Each student will present an assessable class paper on a topic to be agreed with the lecturer. On completion of this subject, students should have acquired the ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret a range of complex texts, and the ability to use a variety of contemporary and historical registers and styles in Spanish
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- Be able to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex literary, academic and general texts
- Have developed the ability to understand and use a variety of registers and styles in Spanish
- Be able to to understand and use applied research methods, drawing on a range of sources and research tools.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- Have obtained an understanding of social, political, historical and cultural contexts and international awareness/openness to the contemporary and historical Hispanic world through the contextualisation of judgements and knowledge, developing a critical self-awareness, being open to new ideas and new aspects of Spanish language culture and literature, and by formulating own arguments
- Be able to communicate knowledge intelligibly and economically through written essay and writing assignments, tutorial discussions and class presentations
- Have gained skills in public speaking and confidence in self-expression through tutorial participation and class presentations.
Last updated: 21 November 2023