|Year of offer||Not available in 2018|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject is designed to guide students through the preparation of their own professional resource documentation: the critical communication tools required to present themselves and their work in a comprehensive and succinct manner for interaction with others.
Specifically the subject addresses how to navigate a body of work, skills and talents and determine from that, how to best represent this.
It also provides systems and commonly agreed professional practices, breaking down each outcome into a process of: ‘how to think about the task’ ‘how to do the task’ ‘tricks of the trade’ and most importantly ‘how to complete the task’
Skills that this subject will cover will include how to create a biography, an artist statement, a CV, a folio and photographic documentation.
Each specified task will act as the spine of the course, delivered with relevant preparatory exercises and support resource materials.
Learning will be delivered online as workbook and exercise sheets and then supported by on line chat rooms - using a combination of video and text, visible to all participants.
With classroom seminars that aim to provide a context in regard to approach, workplace, industry etc., as well as giving students an alternate forum for resolution of questions and issues that may arise from the set tasks received online.
Intended learning outcomes
Students completing this subject should be able to understand how to collate communication tools to represent themselves and their work professionally, including:
- editing and choosing crucial information
- using appropriate templates for communication efficiencies
- making information accessible and easy to understand
- how to communicate professionally
- how to present their talent and skill
- how to engage effectively with potential employers , collaborators and funders
On completing this subject, students should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the appropriate way to respond to professional opportunities.
- Presentation of relevant documentation to present themselves and their skills.
- Greater clarity in their chosen career direction.