GC-ARTS Graduate Certificate in Arts
|Year and Campus:||2017 - Parkville|
|Fees Information:||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
|Duration & Credit Points:||50 credit points taken over 6 months full time. This course is available as full or part time.|
See each specialisation
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://arts.unimelb.edu.au/graduate-studies/programs
- Contact: 'make an enquiry' on http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/21-graduate-certificate-in-arts
|Course Overview:|| |
A Graduate Certificate in Arts allows you to complete a comprehensive six-month course of study, choosing from more than 25 discipline areas. It is particularly useful if you are returning to tertiary study after time away from an academic environment.
|Learning Outcomes:|| |
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Arts should:
|Course Structure & Available Subjects:|| |
Total 50 points
Subjects totalling 50 points chosen from any of the areas below, including:
Subjects totalling 50 points as outlined below.
|Subject Options:|| |
Students in this Graduate Certificate of Arts must choose subjects offered by the Faculty of Arts.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
|Core Participation Requirements:|| |
For the purposes of considering request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Student Support and Engagement Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Overview, Learning Outcomes, Assessment and Generic Skills sections of this entry.
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student's participation in the University's programs. Students who feel their disability may impact on meeting the requirements of this subject are encouraged to discuss this matter with a Faculty Student Adviser and Student Equity and Disability Support: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/disability
|Further Study:|| |
Successful completion of a Graduate Certificate may allow you to enrol in the GD-ARTS Graduate Diploma in Arts or some Masters by Coursework programs.
|Graduate Attributes:|| |
Integrity and self-awareness
|Generic Skills:|| |
Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Arts should be able to: