200 Point Master of Development Studies
Professor Anthony D'Costa
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/
- Contact: 'Make an enquiry' at http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/study/degrees/master-of-development-studies/overview
The coursework masters provides specialist training for professional qualification purposes, usually to graduates working in the fields of development and environment, development and gender, development and urbanisation, and health policy and development, but may also be taken for general interest. This course does not necessarily lead to higher degree study, however high achieving students who complete the thesis option may qualify for entry to a masters by research or PhD.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Master of Development Studies should:
- understand current practice and thinking about development;
- comprehend the relations between development and environmental conditions, gender and urbanisation and culture; and
- know and be able to use some of the techniques employed in development planning.
Last updated: 11 February 2021