200 Point Master of Public Policy and Management
Dr. Erik Baekkeskov
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://government.unimelb.edu.au/
- Contact: 'Make an enquiry' at http://government.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/23-master-of-public-policy-and-management
The Master of Public Policy and Management is the premier public policy program in Australia. For more than 30 years it has prepared students for leadership roles in Australia and internationally. It is designed for current and aspiring public, private and community sector leaders and managers, who seek to develop their public policy expertise. The program draws upon the expertise of academics and practitioners engaged in researching and practising public policy and management.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Master of Public Policy and Management should:
- understand the dilemmas posed by the interdependence, diversity and dynamics of global, national and local institutions and actors and appreciate the potential and limits of public policy action;
- become familiar with the key theoretical and analytical perspectives and debates in public policy, governance and management;
- gain broad and deep knowledge of the institutions, actors, processes and practices of contemporary government and policy making;
- develop high level analytic skills to meet the demands of complex contemporary public policy making and an ability to locate the evidential and other resources needed to apply these skills;
- acquire a critical appreciation of the role of leadership (and followership) in policy making and public service delivery; and
- develop advanced management skills appropriate to complex public service systems.
Last updated: 29 January 2022