Please note that PD-ARTS Postgraduate Diploma in Arts will no longer be accepting new applications as of the 1st January 2015, the program from 2015 will be offered as GDA-ARTS Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced). Please refer to the correct handbook entry for program information for commencing students from 2015.
See program overview
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in this area of specialisation should:
- understand the social, political and historical context of law and legal process;
- have developed a specialized knowledge in an area of socio-legal studies;
- appreciate the problems of legal reform;
- gain a deep conceptual understanding of the relationship between law and society;
- be able to critically and constructively discuss the role of law in society;
- gain a high level of critical thinking and analysis and a high standard of academic writing;
- be equipped to engage in creative and methodologically rigorous, independent and high quality research, integrating theoretical and empirical analysis.
Last updated: 18 December 2020