|Look up fees
Topics covered include:
Commercial property as an investment asset class in Australia; Property joint ventures, partnerships, trusts, funds and companies; Listed and unlisted REITs; Valuation and pricing of listed and unlisted property securities; Equity and debt financing; Taxation of property investment vehicles, including stapled entities; Property funds management; Recent trends in property investment products.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course, students should:
Assessment involves development of proficiency in written and oral presentation, research ability and related skills.
- Understand the legal and financial structure of various property ownership entities and regulatory requirements applicable to each;
- Have some knowledge of the tax implications of indirect property ownership;
- Be able to apply appropriate methods to the pricing of listed and unlisted property securities;
- Appreciate the various roles within the property funds management sector; and
- Understand emerging issues in listed and unlisted property investments.
Students should have improved advanced generic skills as follows:
- Skills and techniques available to the discipline;
- Problems solving approaches;
- Research methodologies;
- Computer and information technologies;
- Professional competences;
- Oral, written and other presentation skills;
- Participation in projects that require teamwork.
Last updated: 3 November 2022