|Fees||Look up fees|
The subject provides students with an opportunity to produce an ordered, critical exposition of autonomously gained knowledge, thus demonstrating proper understanding of the nature, development strategies and conventions of research work, with particular focus in their area of specialisation.
The subject concentrates on the middle to final stages of research: from implementation of a research plan, to effectively interpreting and presenting results of the research plan implemented.
Seminar group and one-on-one meetings are held with the supervisor/coordinator, to allow students to exchange and/or obtain advice on their topics.
Knowledge and materials prepared in the NEW ‘Research in construction’ subject are to inform the final research report.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject aims to develop students’ ability in:
- Taking a specific course of intellectual action within those available in the construction discipline;
- Building on work previously developed to a specific research investigation end;
- Subsequently implementing a small research project;
- Reporting about and reflecting upon the work carried out;
- Synthesizing problems and results;
- Organizing work accordingly.
On completion of the subject students should have developed the skills required to:
- Write a scholarly document autonomously;
- Evaluate the significance of its content;
- Communicate strategically;
- Manage time;
- Behave ethically in situations where knowledge creation and/or usage are required.
Last updated: 18 December 2020