|Fees||Look up fees|
A thesis of 12 000 words on an approved topic. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 37.5 point requirement.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of this subject, students should:
- develop an ability to define a thesis topic relating to art curatorship, art museums and collections, art conservation issues or other relevant subjects addressed in the course;
- demonstrate the skills required to locate and assess appropriate primary and secondary literature; and
- be able to write a 12 000 word thesis that methodically sets out a defined argument.
Student who successfully complete this subject should be able to:
- research through the competent use of the library and other information sources, and be able to define areas of inquiry and methods of research in the preparation of essays;
- conceptualise theoretical problems, form judgements and arguments and communicate critically, creatively and theoretically through essay writing, tutorial discussion and presentations;
- communicate knowledge intelligibly and economically through essay writing and tutorial discussion;
- manage and organise workloads for recommended reading, the completion of essays and assignments and examination revision; and
- participate in team work through involvement in syndicate groups and group discussions.
Last updated: 3 November 2022