- This subject is available for science credit to students enrolled in the BSc and BBiomed.
- This subject is a specific prerequisite for completion of majors in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pathology and the Biotechnology-Biochemistry stream.
- If a BSc student wishes to complete a major in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, they must complete this subject and ‘Biochemistry and Molecular Biology’ (BCMB20002)’.
- If a BBiomed student wishes to complete a major in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, they must also complete ‘Molecular and Cellular Biomedicine’ (BIOM20001).
- It is strongly recommended that a student wishing to complete a Biochemistry major also completes ‘Biochemical Regulation of Cell Function’ (BCMB20003).
- Students must enrol for one of the available laboratory days via the student portal before the start of the semester. Be aware that each day has limited places.
- Students undertaking this subject are required to have regular access to an internet-enabled computer.
Recommended texts and other resources
Keith Wilson and John Walker, Principles and Techniques of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 6th Ed (2005) Cambridge University Press.