You’re currently viewing the 2017 version of this subject
Recommended texts and other resources
Keith Wilson and John Walker, Principles and Techniques of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 6th Ed (2005) Cambridge University Press.
- This subject is available for science credit to students enrolled in the BSc and BBiomed.
- This subject is a specific prerequisite for completion of majors in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pathology and the Biotechnology-Biochemistry stream.
- If a BSc student wishes to complete a major in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, they must complete this subject and ‘Biochemistry and Molecular Biology’ (BCMB20002)’.
- If a BBiomed student wishes to complete a major in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, they must also complete ‘Molecular and Cellular Biomedicine’ (BIOM20001).
- It is strongly recommended that a student wishing to complete a Biochemistry major also completes ‘Biochemical Regulation of Cell Function’ (BCMB20003).
- Students must enrol for one of the available laboratory days via the student portal before the start of the semester. Be aware that each day has limited places.
- Students undertaking this subject are required to have regular access to an internet-enabled computer.