You’re currently viewing the 2017 version of this subject
Assessment for the Chemistry Research Project is across two semesters:
- Attendance at a safety & induction program with >65% result in a 45 minute safety examination held during the first week (pass/fail);
- A preliminary literature survey and research plan (1500 words, up to 5 pages), due at the end of the first semester (hurdle);
- A major thesis, page limit of 30 pages, due at the end of the final semester (55%);
- An oral exam (viva) on the content of the thesis (35%);
- A project-related oral presentation (up to 30 minutes), given at the end of the final semester (10%);
- Attendance at a seminar series providing advanced theoretical and/or practical training (hurdle).
These assessment requirements are applicable to the entire 62.5 point Research Project component.
Last updated: 3 November 2022