- A three-stage individual programming assignment, requiring approximately 30 - 35 hours of work, due at the end of each third of the semester, approximately weeks 4,8 and 12 (30%)
- One 1-hour test, mid semester (15%)
- A workshop assignment to demonstrate programming competency, requiring approximately 10 - 13 hours of work per student, due due two thirds of the way through semester (10%)
- One 2-hour examination, end of semester (45%)
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) 1-3 are addressed in the projects, the mid-semester test, and the workshop assignment and the final exam. ILOs 4-5 are addressed in the projects and the workshop assignment.
Hurdle requirement: To pass the subject, students must obtain:
- at least 50% overall, 20/40 for the project and assignment work
- at least 30/60 for the mid-semester test and end-of-semester written examination combined.
Last updated: 10 August 2022