|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject involves a supervised thesis of 15 000 words, embodying the results of the student's own research.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students will be able to
- understand the process of research, including compliance with any ethical requirement of the university concerning research;
- develop a comprehensive understanding of the criminological literature relevant to their research;
- be able to integrate theory and method in a logical manner.
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- have an advanced understanding of the relevant knowledge base in the specialist area;
- have the ability to evaluate and synthesise the research and professional literature in the specialist area;
- have well-developed problem-solving skills in the specialist area;
- have significant capacity to articulate knowledge and understanding in oral and written presentations;
- have a capacity to engage where appropriate with issues in contemporary society.
Last updated: 31 October 2023