|Fees||Look up fees|
In Documentary Projects 2B, each student will assume responsibility for writing and directing his or her own major production. This documentary project will be completed creatively and technically to a professional level. Students will crew on other student productions depending on their strand of study. Students may elect to shoot components of their major production on or off campus depending on the locations required. Students are also expected, when crewing on fellow student productions, to work on or off campus.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable students to demonstrate advanced documentary skills through:
- writing, directing and editing an innovative short documentary motion picture program at a high professional standard;
- applying production techniques to express screen-based ideas;
- leading and participating in a collaborative team at an advanced level.
On completing this subject students will:
- demonstrate advanced creative and technical skills in the area of documentary for film and television;
- confidently manage competing demands on time including self-directed production work;
- communicate at an advanced level in oral and written form and through screen production, for a wide variety of audience;
- exhibit a developed knowledge of the film, television and allied industries;
- exhibit a developed set of flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment.
Last updated: 18 December 2020