|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject involves completion of a supervised thesis of 12 000 words, embodying the results of the student's own research. The thesis is to be submitted at the end of the second semester of enrolment.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete this subject should be able to:
- demonstrate a specialist understanding of the subject being studied;
- show advanced skills of analysis pertinent to the subject;
- demonstrate advanced research methods skills;
- show a detailed sense of the theoretical debates in the subject area;
- demonstrate an ability to undertake critical independent research; and
- demonstrate a capacity to communicate research effectively and persuasively in written form.
Students who complete this subject should:
- be able to conceptualise and plan a substantial project of original research;
- be able to present material in draft form and engage productively with a supervisor;
- be able to consolidate and enhance established skills in engaging creatively with a critical field;
- be able to synthesise critical arguments and debates;
- be able to test and develop new research methods in relation to ongoing debates;
- be able to enhance drafting and writing skills, in both a critical and creative manner;
- be able to manage time and study resources over a sustained period of time.
Last updated: 3 November 2022