Semester 1 - On Campus
Semester 1 - Online
|Look up fees
The subject will introduce students to key theories of second language writing and composing processes and approaches to second language writing instruction. It will focus on issues that are pertinent to second language writing teachers such as assessing writing, the efficacy of different types of feedback on writing, and measures that can be used to investigate development in L2 writing.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- be familiar with major theories of L2 wrirting;
- be able to critically evaluate different approaches to L2 writing instruction;
- be able to investigate aspects that may impact on the development of L2 writing and signs of such development.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to summarise, synthesise and engage critically with theories and research on a particular topic (related to second language writing);
- be able to collect and analyse empirical data (identify patterns and variability in L2 written production);
- be able to explain findings by reference to relevant L2 writing theories and research.
Last updated: 3 November 2022