|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject develops knowledge of theories of human behaviour in an organisational setting, and leadership theories and practices.
Topics covered include:
- Strategic human resource management
- Human resource management and performance
- Effective leadership
- Improving business performance.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- Appreciate the importance of human resources management to organisational outcomes.
- Understand effective leadership practices.
- Know how behaviour in organisational settings can link to strategy.
- Appreciate the practices implemented by ‘high performance’ organisations.
On successful completion of this subject students should have enhanced their skills in:
- Ethical behaviour in leadership and organisations
- Analysis and problem solving
- Capacity for intellectual curiosity, creativity and independent thought
- Communication of key ideas and theories within the discipline areas
- Capacity for effective teamwork and collaboration
- Information retrieval and application in relation to practical problems.
Last updated: 3 November 2022