Prescott's Microbiology by Willey J, Sherwood L, Woolverton C. 10th edn, 2017
Molecular Biology of the Cell, Alberts et al, 6th edn, 2014
Recommended texts and other resources
- Subject notes
This subject is available for science credit to students enrolled in the BSc (both pre-2008 and new degrees), BASc or a combined BSc course.
This subject is not available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Biomedicine.
- whilst students will not be involved in the manipulation and handling of animals, tissues and other products obtained from appropriately euthanased animals will be used in some experiments.
- These experiments will be approved by the University of Melbourne Animal Welfare Committee.
- Experiments contained in this unit will also be approved by the Biosafety and Gene Technology Committee.
- Related Handbook entries
This subject contributes to the following:
Type Name Informal specialisation Science-credited subjects - new generation B-SCI and B-ENG. Breadth track Microbiology and immunology
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and Exchange students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad.