|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Masters time-based research|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Through a course of independent research students will complete a thesis equivalent to 40,000 words.
Intended learning outcomes
The subject will enable students to complete an independently-devised research project.
On completion of this subject students will have acquired key research skills, including:
· the ability to engage in independent and contextually-informed artistic practice;
· an ability to initiate research projects and to formulate viable research questions;
· a demonstrated capacity to design, conduct and report independent and original research on a closely-defined project;
· an ability to manage time to maximise the quality of research;
· an understanding of the major contours of international research in the research area;
· a capacity for critical evaluation of relevant scholarly literature and artistic practice;
· well-developed and flexible problem-solving abilities appropriate to the discipline;
· the capacity to communicate effectively the results of research and scholarship by oral and written communication;
· an understanding of and facility with scholarly conventions in the discipline area;
· a profound respect for truth and intellectual integrity, and for the ethics of research and scholarship;
· a capacity to collaborate with other researchers.