- Informal Specialisation
- Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) - Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
The Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) program in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics consists of advanced coursework and an original supervised research project designed to extend the students’ knowledge and skills using regular methods of inquiry and applying appropriate theories and methodologies to the identification and resolution of research questions within linguistics and applied linguistics.
After completing the program, students will be prepared to progress into a research higher degree at the Master or PhD level or enter the workforce with improved employment options and scope for professional advancement.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) in this area of specialisation should:
- complete the equivalent of a four year BA (Honours) degree with a research component and obtain a recognised qualification;
- gain an adequate basis for pursuing advanced studies in linguistics and applied linguistics at Masters or PhD level;
- demonstrate a specialist understanding of specific areas of study, showing an understanding of the latest research directions; and
- develop a capacity for an advanced level of analysis in relation to the specific issues in linguistics and applied linguistics.
Last updated: 11 February 2021