About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- MD or MBBS or eligible for registration as doctors
- Personal statement
Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- The personal statement including current clinical experience in Australia or New Zealand; and,
- Prior academic performance
Given the anticipated competitive entry, the Selection Committee will judge applications on relevance of clinical experience and prior academic performance.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard test approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7.0 (http://about.unimelb.edu.au/academicboard/resolutions) is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Overview, Objectives, Assessment and Generic Skills sections of this entry.
It is University policy to take all reasonable steps to minimise the impact of disability upon academic study, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student's participation in the University's programs. Students who feel their disability may impact on meeting the requirements of this subject are encouraged to discuss this matter with a Faculty Student Adviser and Student Equity and Disability Support: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Attendance at study days is a requirement of the course.
Last updated: 18 December 2020