About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Further study
Associate Professor Stuart Greenbaum (Composition)
Currently enrolled students:
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%) or equivalent; or
- at least five years of documented professional experience relevant to the specialisation.
2. Applicants for Practical Music, Musicology, Ethnomusicology and Composition specialisations must also successfully complete an audition, composition folio or piece of academic writing as appropriate for the specialisation that the applicant seeks to enter. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
3. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and, as appropriate to the specialisation,
- the audition, composition folio or piece of academic writing
4. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
5. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 18 December 2020