|Fees||Look up fees|
The subject examines the features and functions of various construction plant and temporary works employed in Australia and abroad, comparatively discussing their advantages and disadvantages to facilitate selection according to specific construction contexts. The historical development of construction methods and the factors behind their trends and innovation are also discussed.
Intended learning outcomes
- Provide the features and functions of various construction plant and temporary works;
- Provide pros and cons of various construction methods for selection purpose;
- Provide the development trends of construction method application for different purposes;
- Highlight innovation in construction methods.
On completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- Understand the interaction among construction methods, project schedule and budget;
- Assess the suitability of construction plant and temporary works for various construction requirements;
- Complete preliminary risk assessment and hazard identification of construction plant and temporary works;
- Be conversant with the terminology;
- Understand the Occupational Health and Safety Act and to determine compliance with the construction Codes of Practice; and
- Understand the importance of the broader social, economic and political environment in which the construction industry operates.
Last updated: 3 November 2022