Semester 2 - Online
Semester 2 - On Campus
|Look up fees
This subject teaches the concepts and skills required to manage the marketing function within any organisation. Students learn to analyse markets, select targets and develop product, price, promotion and distribution strategies for businesses. The subject will include contemporary and comprehensive case studies from both North America and Australia.
Intended learning outcomes
The object of this subject is to develop and extend the student's understanding of the marketing function with particular reference to the agribusiness sector. Students will be introduced to the concept of marketing and the importance of building and managing strong customer relationships through the use of target marketing and management of product, price, promotion and distribution strategies.
It is expected students will develop:
- An awareness of and ability to utilise appropriate communication technology and methods for the storage, management and analysis of data
- Highly developed computer-based skills to allow for effective on-line learning and communication
- An appreciation of social and cultural diversity from a regional to a global context
- The ability to collaborate, exchange ideas and debate across on-line learning platforms
- The ability to plan, use time effectively and manage small projects
Last updated: 3 November 2022