Industry Project (ARTS30001)
Undergraduate level 3Points: 12.5On Campus (Parkville)
About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable(opens in new window)
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will provide students the opportunity to gain extended industry experience through project work. Students will engage with industry collaborators and asked to manage real concept proposals. They will work in teams to recommend potential avenues for improvement, refinement or evaluation of an existing project or concept idea that is identified or deemed of interest by the industry collaborators. In small teams students will present the results to an audience of industry specialists, clients and peers. Students will be exposed to the rigour of processes undertaken in the industry. Seminars will incorporate team building activities, business strategies, communication, time management and knowledge of organisations, workplace culture and career pathways.
Please note there may be opportunities to work with the Big Idea initiative from the Big Issue organisation in this subject. For further information please Click Here.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students will have:
- Developed skills in conducting effective and timely research, analysis and report-writing;
- Gained insight into the complexities of professional decision making and management;
- Developed a capacity to evaluate their experience and to share their findings through written and oral reports;
- Illustrate understanding of the industry concepts and principles associated with project development and problem solving.
Last updated: 3 November 2022