February - Off Campus
|Fees||Look up fees|
The course is designed to provide practical experience in the processing of regional geophysical datasets or the purpose of undertaking geological interpretation. The course is designed to allow the student to go through step-by-step methodologies of processing data, interpretation techniques, and modelling of geophysical data.
Intended learning outcomes
- This subject aims to equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise appropriate for post-graduate research in the field; equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise enabling them to take their place as professional geologists in industry or government organisations;
- to develop skills to process regional geophysical datasets, develop strategies to interpret geology from regional aeromagnetic and gravity data, integrate geological data into the geophysical interpretation, practical experience in geophysical interpretation and model geophysical data.
- Exercise critical judgement;
- undertake rigorous and independent thinking; adopt a problem-solving approach to new and unfamiliar tasks;
- develop high-level written report and/or oral presentation skills;
- interrogate, synthesise and interpret the published literature;
- work as part of a team.
Last updated: 29 July 2022