|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 1|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject aims to develop ESL students' academic writing and speaking abilities through a study of topics in economics. Class exercises and assessment tasks provide students with opportunities to practice, receive feedback, and thus develop their academic language. The assessment tasks focus on the ability to synthesize information from a range of sources, communicate confidently in group work and individually, and write assignments which are well structured and use language accurately and appropriately.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to extract main points from a range of texts;
- be able to synthesize information from spoken and written sources;
- be able to participate confidently in group work;
- be able to present information in oral and written form fluently and accurately;
- have a greater understanding of Australia's economy and its key institutions.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to synthesise and organise material from spoken and written sources;
- be more independent learners.