|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will examine current topics in the discipline of environmental science. The choice of topics will be driven by the students in the subject under the direction of the subject coordinators. Students will organise, lead and participate in discussions of relevant material such as journal articles, media stories and environmental impact assessments. Students will also deliver an oral presentation to communicate their research into a current topic in environmental science.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will:
- Provide in-depth analysis of current issues in environmental science;
- Apply scientific principals to evaluate evidence; and
- Encourage constructive interaction among students.
Generic skills gained from this subject include the ability to:
- work constructively with colleagues to resolve disagreement and respect differences of opinion;
- use scientific evidence to influence and persuade others;
- prepare and deliver effective oral presentations;
- exercise critical judgement, and think rigorously and independently; and
- organize and chair meetings, and actively participate in discussions.
Last updated: 31 May 2023