|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject, students undertake a substantial research project in the area of Environmental Science. The research will be conducted under the supervision of a member of academic staff. A list of research expertise and interests in the Environmental Sciences is outlined on the Faculty of Science website. The results of the project will be reported in the form of a thesis and an oral presentation.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing this subject students should have:
- discovered the challenge of research in Environmental Science;
- a deeper knowledge of Environmental Science;
- completed a substantial piece of research; and
- a sound preparation for future research in Environmental Science.
Upon completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- problem-solving skills including the ability to engage with unfamiliar problems, identify relevant solution strategies and conduct research;
- analytical skills through the ability to construct and express logical arguments and to work in abstract or general terms to increase the clarity and efficiency of analysis;
- presentation skills, both written and oral; and
- time management skills: the ability to meet regular deadlines while balancing competing commitments.
Last updated: 18 December 2020