|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject students participate in a series of practical workshops further developing their skills in collaboration and the realisation of their designs. Collaborators may include other designers, directors, cinematographers, choreographers and/or animators. Practical workshops will focus primarily on scenic art skills for finishing sets. Where possible students will get some experience on the set of a VCA film or stage production.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Understand techniques for adapting, and finishing sets;
- Select and utilise appropriate materials and techniques for creating scenic art on sets for stage and screen;
- Collaborate with others in the process of conceiving and realising a design for stage or screen.
On completion of the subject students should have developed:
- The ability to be organised and methodical in their approach to realising a design concept
- The ability to creatively solve problems
- The ability to work as part of a creative team
Last updated: 3 November 2022