|Fees||Look up fees|
The Geography Minor Research Project allows students to develop advanced research skills by carrying out an independent research project in a field of Geography. The thesis will demonstrate a critical application of specialist knowledge and make an independent contribution to existing scholarship in the area of research.
Intended learning outcomes
The objectives of this subject are to develop in students:
- an in-depth appreciation for the research process by carrying out a project, including the inception of a proposal, planning and implementation, and analysis, reporting and defending;
- investigative skills, critical thought and the ability to evaluate information and analyse data;
- knowledge and understanding of the discipline area; and
- significant academic research and writing skills.
On completion of this subject students will have gained experience in:
- To demonstrate advanced communication skills, both written and oral;
- To demonstrate the ability and self-confidence to comprehend complex debates and concepts;
- To be capable of undertaking directed research;
- Thinking critically;
- Obtaining information to address research questions.
Last updated: 18 December 2020