|Fees||Look up fees|
Corporate governance study has grown rapidly over the last decade fuelled by high profile corporate collapses such as Enron, HIH and the Lehman Brothers. The knowledge of corporate governance has become central to companies, directors, shareholders, employees, other stakeholders, and the wider business community. Topics will include ethics and corporate governance theories, board of directors, leadership, executive compensation, institutional investors, and the importance of sound governance practices in the global economy.
Intended learning outcomes
- Identify and explain current theories of corporate governance.
- Evaluate the relationships between the ethics of society and the individual, and how these relationships influence the governance of corporations engaged in international business.
- Explain the complexities involved in conducting international business within diverse business environments.
- Identify the key elements of good governance and their role in the effective management of corporations operating in cross- cultural contexts.
• High level of development: oral communication; written communication; team work; application of theory to practice; interpretation and analysis; critical thinking; receptiveness to alternative ideas.
• Moderate level of development: collaborative learning; problem solving; evaluating and synthesizing.
Last updated: 7 September 2023