|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject is a multidisciplinary introduction to key concepts in the social sciences and cultural studies and their application in the study of modern Indonesia, covering the historical, political, cultural, social, and linguistic factors that have helped shape the contemporary nation-state of Indonesia. The subject should prepare students for research in the field of Indonesian studies. This subject is available as an overseas intensive subject taught in Indonesia. Enrolment is by application and limited to a maximum of 15 students.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- Understand a variety of approaches to the study of Indonesia;
- Be prepared for research in the field of Indonesian studies;
- Acquire basic concepts and analytical tools in social and cultural studies;
- Be able to apply reflexively selected classical paradigms on contexts and histories other than one's own;
- Be able to express in scholarly fashion the complexity of social relations in specific historical settings.
Last updated: 3 October 2023