You’re currently viewing the 2018 version of this subject
- A two part group based assignment worth 50% overall with 2 group members:
- Part A: A data warehouse design case study paper (25%) of approximately 3000 words requiring approximately 32-37 hours of work per student. Due after the 4 th day of teaching (week 9). Intended Learning Outcome (ILO) 2 is addressed in this part of the assessment.
- Part B: A report outlining the ETL process to populate the data warehouse constructed in Part A (25%). This report will be about 2000 words requiring approximately 32-37 hours of work per student. Due after the 6 th day of teaching (week 12). ILOs 1 to 3 are addressed in this part of the assessment.
- One written 2 hour closed book end of semester examination (50%). ILOs 1-3 are addressed in the examination.
Hurdle requirements: To pass the subject, students must obtain:
- at least 50% of the marks available in the non-examination based assessment
- at least 50% of the marks available in the examination
Last updated: 3 November 2022