|Look up fees
This subject is intended to focus on texts from non-mainstream literature as a stimulus to discussion and conversation practice. Advanced exercises in Italian composition will be set for the purpose of studying syntax and style in the appropriate registers. The subject will also include advanced take-home exercises in composition and translation with the purpose of refining syntax and style. Each student will present an assessable class paper on a topic to be negotiated with the lecturer at the beginning of the semester.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have developed their written and spoken Italian, refining syntax and style;
- be able to discuss in Italian topics of a high level of complexity;
- be able to carry out analysis of texts.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- have acquired particular generic skills;
- be able to understand social, political, historical and cultural contexts and international awareness/openness to the world: through the contextualisation of judgements and knowledge, developing a critical self-awareness, being open to new ideas and new aspects of Italian culture, and by formulating arguments;
- be able to communicate knowledge intelligibly and economically: through essay and assignment writing, tutorial discussion and class presentations;
- have gained skills in public speaking and confidence in self-expression: through tutorial participation and class presentations.
Last updated: 3 November 2022