|Look up fees
Students will be required to write a thesis of 15,000 words on a topic approved by the supervisor. They will also be required to present a seminar paper on the results of their research.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject will have:
- acquired skills to research; through competent use of the library and other information sources, and the definition of areas of inquiry and methods of research;
- acquired skills to critically think and analyse: through recommended reading, assignment writing and tutorial discussion, and by determining the strength of an argument; and
- acquired skills to think in theoretical terms: through tutorial discussion, assignment writing and engagement in the methodologies of the humanities and social sciences.
Students who successfully complete this subject will:
- have an ability to evaluate research and professional literature concerning Japan;
- have a capacity to articulate their findings and views in oral and written presentations; and
- have an appreciation of the design, conduct and reporting of research.
Last updated: 3 November 2022