|Look up fees
This is a language subject for graduate students in Japanese. The level of study, content, and assessment in the subject will be determined by the Coordinator after placement testing and/or consultation with the students. Students will either be placed in an appropriate stream of language study. a customised course of study. or if deemed necessary they will be recommended to take alternative subjects from other Schools that would be significantly relevant to their thesis research.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who sucessfully complete this subject should be able to demonstrate:
- advanced strategies for communicating in Japanese;
- advanced comprehension strategies and skills for reading and listening to Japanese;
- research skills for obtaining necessary information from varied resources to assist writing Japanese; and
- a capacity to manage competing demands on time, including self-directed project work.
Students who sucessfully complete this subject should:
- acquire written communication skills through essay writing and seminar discussion.
Last updated: 3 November 2022