The assessment for this subject is equivalent to 4.000 words consisting of the following:
• 1000-word mid-semester progress report on the placement experience, including personal skills and knowledge development (20%). Due week 7;
• 20 minute team presentation analysing the strategic plan and mission of your host organisations and their relationship to community development goals, (30%). Presentations held during Week 10, 11 & 12;
• 2,000 major essay on the nature of community development and volunteering as you have studied it and as you have observed it during your placement, (50%). Due in the examination period.
• 80 hours of satisfactory work placement (hurdle);
• 100% attendance at seminars (hurdle).
Last updated: 28 July 2023