|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject continues development for students pursuing musical composition at a level that is preparatory to an honours year. Students create a folio of original music (scores and recordings) including composition projects covering areas of compositional philosophy, technique, directed listening and score reading. They will collectively stage a concert that will include one of their own works.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should have:
- a sufficiently advanced development of their individual musical ideas and working methods to be considered for honours-level study;
- developed new ideas in the creation of musical works through practice and experiment;
- become fluent in the use of electronic music equipment (including digital hardware and software), and its creative application;
- further extended knowledge and awareness of the contemporary music repertoire.
On completion of this subject students should have developed:
- the ability to think laterally in relation to concepts and problem-solving;
- the ability to communicate in an abstract medium;
- the ability to take initial creative ideas through to completion, including publication, public presentation and promotion.
Last updated: 3 November 2022