|Look up fees
The honours thesis in Spanish and Latin American Studies provides students with the opportunity to develop research techniques and to benefit from the experience of researching and writing an independent thesis on a topic of their choice. The thesis is normally written in Spanish but special permission may be obtained from the Head of the Spanish Section for the thesis to be written in English.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have understood and applied the relevant research methods in their chosen field of Spanish & Latin American studies;
- have achieved the level of linguistic and methodological competency required for postgraduate studies in Spanish & Latin American studies; and
- have demonstrated their ability to do guided research at honours level.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to demonstrate research skills through competent use of the library and other information sources;
- be able to show critical thinking and analysis through recommended reading, essay writing and tutorial discussion, and by determining the strength of an argument; and
- be able to demonstrate understanding of social, ethical and cultural context through the contextualisation of judgements, developing a critical self-awareness, being open to new ideas and possibilities and by constructing an argument.
Last updated: 3 November 2022