Graduate Diploma in Property Valuation (702PA) // Attributes, outcomes and skills
About this course
Melbourne School of Design
Currently enrolled students:
Further information: http://msd.unimelb.edu.au
Prof Piyush Tiwari
Completion of the Graduate Diploma in Property Valuation will meet all the valuation requirements of Certified Practising Valuer (CPV) certification with the Australian Property Insititute. However students will need to be evaluated on a case by case basis to check whether their prior studies (together with the Graduate Diploma in Property Valuation) meet the Australian Property Institute's requirements.
Intended learning outcomes
The purpose of the graduate diploma is to provide graduates in semi-cognate disciplines with sufficient valuation theory and practice to achieve recognition as a certified practising valuer (after a requisite period of industry experience).
The course aims to develop skills in property valuation and is designed to:
- Enhance existing qualifications;
- Extend the knowledge obtained in earlier studies to include property valuation;
- Extend proficiency in technical and managerial aspects of property;
- Gain an understanding of property concepts; and,
- Have the background knowledge at the completion of the course necessary for entry to the valuation profession and / or for further academic studies.
Refer to University of Melbourne graduate attributes located at http://www.unimelb.edu.au/about/attributes.html
Last updated: 18 December 2020