About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Breadth requirements
- Subject options
- Majors, minors and specialisations
- Further study
The Program Director for the Bachelor of Biomedicine is Professor David Williams.
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/undergraduate/bachelor-of-biomedicine/
- Email: http://mdhs-study.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/bachelor-of-biomedicine/enquire-now#enquire-now
David Alan Williams
Students must complete 300 points comprising:
- 225 points of core (biomedicine/science discipline) subjects including:
- At least 75 points at Level 1 including the compulsory subjects or approved equivalents.
- At least 62.5 points at Level 2 including the compulsory subjects or approved equivalents.
- o At least 75 points at Level 3 including the compulsory subjects or approved equivalents and including the 50 points of a prescribed major.
- 50 points of breadth subjects including at least 12.5 points at Level 2 or Level 3
- 25 points (either biomedicine/science discipline subjects or breadth subjects) at Level 1, 2 or 3
- No more than 125 points at Level 1 may be included in the Bachelor of Biomedicine
- No more than 37.5 points of breadth at Level 1 may be included in the Bachelor of Biomedicine
- No more than 125 points in a single discipline.
- Progression: Students must normally complete 50 points of study at one subject year level before proceeding to the next subject year level. In particular, at least 50 points at Level 1, including BIOL10002 Biomolecules & Cells, BIOL10003 Genes & Environment and CHEM10006 Chemistry for Biomedicine must be completed before students may proceed to Level 2 core subjects.
The core (biomedicine/science discipline) component of the Bachelor of Biomedicine is comprised of:
Core subjects (150 points):
- 75 points at first year level.
- 50 points at second year level.
- 25 points at third year level.
Major sequence at third year level (50 points):
- 50 points of a major in a biomedicine discipline. The subjects taken in the major would normally follow on from relevant compulsory and selective subjects chosen at the second year level. Some Level 3 subjects only require the core compulsory subjects as prerequisites.
Selective subjects (25 points):
- Non-compulsory biomedicine/science discipline subjects approved as core in this course. At least 12.5 points must be at Level 2.