You’re currently viewing the 2019 version of this course
About this course
ContactMelbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149 Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm AEST/AEDT. Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm AEST/AEDT. Further information: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/graduate/master-of-psychiatry-online/
Dr Mahesh Jayaram
Intended learning outcomes
Specific aims of the course include:
- To encourage students to become critical thinkers and pursue lifelong learning and self-directed professional development
- To provide education about the specific attitudes, knowledge and skills needed to effectively work in the area of mental health
- To promote research and critical evaluation in clinical practice
- To provide students with a broad understanding of the cultural, differences that exist in our community and their relationship to its individuals and mental illness
- To facilitate the professional development of the student by providing the opportunity for students to engage in critical discussion of the scientific literature or clinical psychiatry with their collegues and lecturers who are experts in the field.
The course aims to develop the knowledge and skills of medical practitioners working with patients with mental illness.
Last updated: 18 December 2020