|Fees||Look up fees|
Topics include insurance markets and products; underwriting and risk assessment; policy design; actuarial modelling; actuarial assumptions and feedback; reserving methods.
Intended learning outcomes
- Discuss and apply an actuarial control cycle in a variety of practical commercial situations
- Apply the tests of professionalism
- Relate the main features within the general environment to medium and long term commercial decisions
- Examine the need for and impact of regulation and government policy on medium and long term commercial decisions
- Analyse the main features and risks of financial products and contracts, from the point of view of consumers and providers
- Demonstrate an understanding of enterprise risk management and its role in organisational management
- Apply a risk assessment framework to identify and assess the risks in a range of commercial situations
- Discuss and apply the process of product design
- Select an appropriate model to solve client problems
High level of development: written communication; collaborative learning; problem solving; team work; application of theory to practice; interpretation and analysis; critical thinking; synthesis of data and other information; evaluation of data and other information; accessing data and other information from a range of sources.
Last updated: 29 October 2019