|Fees||Look up fees|
Students are required to write a thesis of 15,000 words on a topic approved by the supervisor. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 50 point requirement for the year-long subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, student should have completed:
- a significant piece of research of 15,000 words.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- the ability to research through the competent use of the library and other information sources, and be able to define areas of inquiry and methods of research in the preparation of essays;
- the ability to conceptualise theoretical problems, form judgements and arguments and communicate critically, creatively and theoretically through essay writing, tutorial discussion and presentations;
- the ability to communicate knowledge intelligibly and economically through essay writing and tutorial discussion;
- the ability to manage and organise workloads for recommended reading, the completion of essays and assignments and examination revision; and
- the ability to participate in team work through involvement in syndicate groups and group discussions.
Last updated: 6 December 2019